*insert cheesy cliché about a new year and new beginnings here*
As much as I make fun of other people's resolutions, I do believe that a new year brings lots of great stuff. Mainly, another 12 months to get your sh*t together.
2013 was a pretty good year for me. I managed to travel a little and learn lots about myself (for instance, it turns out that I am afraid of the dark, who knew?). I also got to witness one of my best friends get married and another one get engaged. Plus, I joined Dubai Roller Derby, AKA the Big Love of My Life, and started making money as a makeup artist. While there were definitely a few low points, 2013 was absolutely one of the best years of the decade.
Which is why I'm so excited for 2014! I feel like I managed to really push myself last year and I am going to use that jumping point to push myself even further this year.
On that note, I thought I'd share a few of my "resolutions", which are mainly just there to make sure I don't just sit on my ass all day.
|Totally posing in my friend's kitchen, because I'm cool like that. 2013 was also the year that I discovered pink hair, and I will NEVER. LOOK. BACK.|
Aseya's 2014 Resolutions
1. Stop being so afraid of things. Stop worrying that you're not good enough to have the things you want. If there's something you want, just go and get it. Because otherwise, someone else will and you will end up pouting. Which we all know gives you wrinkles.
2. Try not to procrastinate so much. Make a to-do list and stick to it. Get rid of the more uncomfortable things first.
3. Be better at time management. It shouldn't take two hours to write a blog post, as long as you avoid Pinterest and Youtube. Also, maybe get rid of Temple Run, it's a terrible time-waster.
4. Organize your closets and keep them that way. Hopefully this will avoid the dreaded 'OMG, I have nothing to wear, so I'm going to stay home tonight' issue.
6. Touching on number 5, start that gosh darned YouTube Channel that people are waiting for. Geez, you've been talking about it for almost two years now.
7. Become one of Dubai Roller Derby's best skaters. It's going to be hard, because we've got so many talented, dedicated skaters already, but I think I can do it if I push myself hard enough. I joined last January and went from dragging myself along the fence to actually training some of the newer skaters, so it's definitely possible!
I'm sure that I'm forgetting some stuff, but these are the ones that come to mind first. Let me know what you think and please share some of your resolutions with me! Happy 2014, everyone!