Pages

• Home
  • Contact
  • About
  • Press
  • Makeup Services

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 My Hair Over The Years

My hair and I haven't been best friends lately (details in upcoming post!) but I still love it! Nora from Botoxey just made a post about her hair, and she said she wanted to see the different colors I've had so here ya go! :)

Just some of the different hairstyles I've worn over the past three years.
There are lots more, but I will save those for another time :)

My hair is not the easiest to take care of. Being mixed (black and Japanese) has offered me a lot of versatility when it comes to my hair and my looks. My natural hair is curly, but it's more like springy waves than curls, as you can see in the picture on the bottom right. I was blessed with strong hair that can withstand a lot of torture! My hair is also great because, with a little help, it can really hold a style (most of the time!) It's also pretty easy to straighten, and will stay straight until I wash it.

However, wearing my natural curls can be a bit of a hassle. They tend to drop quickly and straighten out if I touch them :( I also have to deal with a lot of the issues that come along with curly hair. Mainly dryness and frizziness! Obviously, living in this climate isn't doing me any favors!

I like to play around with color a lot, too. In the past three years alone, I've been various shades of blonde, brown, black and red! I wore extensions for a while, too but couldn't find any decent pictures of that!

Two summers ago, I had Japanese Straightening done on my hair. It was great because my hair was straight all the time, and it really cut down on my styling time. But I really missed my curls and my volume! You know us Dubai Girls, we like everything BIGGER!! hehehe :)

Do any of you share my love of 'instant gratification' via hairstyles? :)

29 comments

1. I love your hair red! you can pull off so many looks and colours! :)

2. prettyinthedesertJune 9, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Thanks! I really like the red hair too, I'm going to keep it for a while :)

ReplyDelete
  3. Love those kind of posts! I did one some times ago and I miss my red hair soooo much!

ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks lovely in all the photos!

ReplyDelete
  5. Aww they're all so pretty!

6. prettyinthedesertJune 9, 2011 at 1:15 AM

Me too! I love seeing the different ways everyone wears their hair! And as much as I want to go back to being a light brunette, I know I'm gonna miss the red!!

7. prettyinthedesertJune 9, 2011 at 1:15 AM

Thanks Leah!:)

ReplyDelete
  8. you suit every colour and style! I'm uber jealous :P and how cool I had no idea you were part Japanese :) xx

ReplyDelete
  9. My brain is not working that should say are not were *slaps hand for bad grammar*

ReplyDelete
  10. the red hair really suits you i had red hair to i loved it but i get bored so easily i am also mixed english and indian and my hair is still think and curly which is suprising the amount of colour and styles i have had and i also seem to suit any colour its like i just adapt to it i not sure what colour to go next :)

ReplyDelete
  11. You look beautiful with every style! The red looks really good on you!

ReplyDelete
  12. I always pick out which color I like best on the person when looking at pictures like these... But I can't pick with yours!! You look gorgeous in all colors! Stunnnner!

xxo

ReplyDelete
  13. I love the photo on the bottom right - I love curly hair! :D and the red hair looks HOT on you ;D

14. prettyinthedesertJune 9, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Thanks! :)

15. prettyinthedesertJune 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Aww thanks! :) And yep. My mom's American, but her grandparents emigrated from Japan :)

16. prettyinthedesertJune 9, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Thanks! I really love having red hair. And yeah, I think the only color I didn't like on me was when I was on holiday and my (newly) blonde hair went orange! hahah It wasn't very pretty. I guess after you've done everything you just repeat the cycle! haha :)

17. prettyinthedesertJune 9, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Thank you! It's pretty high maintenance, but I'm happy with it :)

18. prettyinthedesertJune 9, 2011 at 11:45 AM

aww hehehe thanks! (it probably helps that I only chose 'decent' pictures to put up) hahaha :)

19. prettyinthedesertJune 9, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Thank you Ki! I love my curly hair, but it can be a hassle sometimes. Right now, I let my hair airdry and sometimes scrunch the curls, but it's so hot that I end up putting my hair up...and then the curls drop :( What is a girl to dooo? hehe

ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah i agree ith the comment below(Lowri) yyour hair looks amazing in red.

21. prettyinthedesertJune 9, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Thanks!! :)

ReplyDelete
  22. Awww I love that red color on you! It looks really pretty :). I've gone through so many different hair colors too, but I find that blonde and light brown suit me best :)
    www.cerinamarie.blogspot.com

23. Wow! Lovely hair styles

24. prettyinthedesertJune 10, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Thank you Cerina! :) I love having light brown hair, too. But I'm loving being a redhead right now hehe :)

25. prettyinthedesertJune 10, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Thank you!! :)

ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow!  I also love your red hair!  That looks gorgeous.  Lovely blog.  Now following.  It'd be great if we could follow each other.

-Dinah
    dgsbeauty.com

27. prettyinthedesertJune 11, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Thanks Dinah! :)

ReplyDelete
  28. You are so freaking gorgeous.. your hair looks beautiful any way you wear it.

ReplyDelete
  29. aww!! thank you that's so sweet!! :)

ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)