Pages

• Home
  • Contact
  • About
  • Press
  • Makeup Services

Sunday, June 5, 2011 H and M Makeup

H & M launched their makeup collection over here last month. I went down to their store at Mall of the Emirates to check it out.

I was surprised by how many products there were! Eye shadow palettes for 36 dirhams, nail polish for 21 dirhams, blush and bronzers for 21 dirhams...it was kind of insane!

I only grabbed a few pieces:

H&M Nail polish - U Must Have This, Blusher - #15 Bronze, Nail Polish - Dust and Diaminds (21 dirhams each)

The nail polish

H&M Blush - Bronze

I have to say that I'm really impressed with the quality of the products. The nail polishes are probably thick enough to only need one coat, but I apply two anyway. I swatched the eye shadows in the store and they were surprisingly pigmented. I'm not sure why exactly I didn't buy the eye shadows palettes.

The blush selection wasn't as big as the polish selection, but they had a few pretty shades. This one doesn't really look it, but it's very glowy and shimmery. It'll be a great all over color for me when I want a 'no makeup' look!

Have you guys tried H&M's makeup? Any suggestions on what I should get next?

12 comments

1. U Must Have This does look gorgeous :-)

2. prettyinthedesertJune 5, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Doesn't it? I saw it on a couple of blogs and was so excited to find it here! So great for the summer :)

ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is this?  I am pretty stoked to hear of an H&M cosmetic line and would love to try it out but I was in one of our massive shops here in Canada and I don't think they've released it here yet.  I can't wait for it though....that  blue polish is such a gorgeous color

4. prettyinthedesertJune 5, 2011 at 9:44 PM

I know that they've been selling the makeup in Sweden and Europe for a while now. Hopefully they'll start selling it everywhere too soon! They have a really similar blue in a mini-bottle and I'm putting it in my giveaway this week so look out for that :)

ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the look of their nail polishes. I'm a bit funny about packaging for np, I don't know why but there are some I don't buy based on how it's packaged. Is that strange?

6. prettyinthedesertJune 6, 2011 at 12:33 PM

haha no :) I tend to not buy products if the packaging is tacky too! :) These are kind of like the Butter ones, with the square bottles.

ReplyDelete
  7. fun! have you tried any of the opi shattered top coats yet? i just tried the black and its so magical to watch shatter haha

8. prettyinthedesertJune 7, 2011 at 12:05 AM

I haven't seen those here yet (though I haven't been looking haha) but I know the China Glaze ones are going to be released here soon (or just have) I'm excited to try them out!

ReplyDelete
  9. The nails look lovely especially that blue :) I'd  get more nail shades but then that is my new addicition ha-ha xx

10. Love the dust and diamonds... love the name and the color! xo

11. prettyinthedesertJune 7, 2011 at 4:15 PM

I know! I stopped buying nail polish for almost 6 months (except LE ones) but now I'm back to buying a few at a time!!

12. prettyinthedesertJune 7, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Me too! I thought the name was super cute. I'm actually wearing it right now! It's a pretty 'grown up' color.

ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)