17 Mini-Haul

A few weeks ago (yes, I am very bad at blogging on time), I went into Boots and they were having a 2 for 3 deal on their 17 makeup. I have read so many reviews about the Mirror Shine lipsticks and decided to try some out. Plus, 50 dirhams for three items of makeup is pretty hard to pass up!

They didn't have the ones I wanted, but here's what I ended up with:

Va VA Voom Mascara - Electric Blue, Shine One Lipstick - Watermelon Crush, Mirror Shine Lipstick - Flirtini

17 Va Va Voom mascara, Electric Blue

How pretty is this blue?? I've been looking for a blue mascara ever since my friend Drina tried on the one that came with MAC's Wonder Woman collection. The color was so pretty against her brown eyes and the effect was much more subtle than we expected it to be. I haven't worn this yet (because I am a wuss!) but I'm going to try and wear it this weekend and will post pictures.

17 Mirror Shine lipstick - Flirtini, 17 Shine On Lipstick - Watermelon Crush

These lipsticks were my favorite colors of the bunch. I didn't test Watermelon Crush and I was expecting it to be a little more pink/watermelony. It's a pretty, shimmery peach that almost looks nude on my lips.

Flirtini caused a bit of a hassle for me. I bought one that still had the tape around it, but when I got home the tape felt a little loose and I thought someone may have already opened it. It didn't look like it had been tested, but I didn't want to risk anything so I started to scrape it before I soaked it in alcohol to disinfect it. And then it broke :( I might just melt it down and put it in a little tub.

Swatches: Flirtini, Watermelon Crush

We don't have a very big selection of 17 makeup over here. It's mainly the lipsticks and mascaras. There are still a few more of the Mirror Shines that I want to try out. Have you guys tried any of these? Any suggestions for what I should try? What about blue or colored mascara? Has anyone been wearing any recently?

Yay for the weekend!!!

16 comments

1. Love the mascara, really want a purple one!

2. Ooh I have a blue mascara! But I've never worn it in public :o

ReplyDelete
  3. The lipsticks are very pretty! I have a couple of 17 lippies but not the Mirror Shine ones.

ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that mascara is pretty! Can't wait to see your look with it :) Those lipsticks look lovely. That sucks that Flirtini broke though :( That's strange that you don't get a big selection of 17. xx

5. prettyinthedesertJune 2, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Ooh purple would be super pretty!I just need to get going on using the blue first! :)

6. prettyinthedesertJune 2, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Yeah, it's always hard getting over that first time wearing something new. Hopefully it'll be like red lipstick and I'll start loving it :)

7. prettyinthedesertJune 2, 2011 at 10:35 PM

I think the MS ones are great for the summer because they are sheer and glossy. I didn't even know they made other lipsticks until I saw them in Boots! :)

8. prettyinthedesertJune 3, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Yeah, it's weird. I'm not sure how much of the whole thing we get. But I'm sure our Boots selection is nothing like what you get in the UK!

ReplyDelete
  9. oh what a shame about Flirtini. I just got it and love it!!

10. prettyinthedesertJune 3, 2011 at 12:43 AM

It is very pretty. I will hopefully be able to still use it! :)

ReplyDelete
  11. Both lipsticks look gorgeous!

12. prettyinthedesertJune 3, 2011 at 11:26 PM

they are! And so easy to wear :)

ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you sooo much for the thoughtful comments you've beeen leaving me!! I LOVE meeting new bloggers.

Anyway, I have been wanting a blue mascara forever lol! I saw one at sally's today but didn't buy it because I was short on cash and didnt wanna use my card haha. Let us know how it works :P
    Have a good weekend! :)

14. prettyinthedesertJune 4, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Oh you're welcome! I love meeting new bloggers too, and I think one of the best things about blogging is being able to interact with other people! :)

I tried the mascara last night, but I layered it over black mascara so it wasn't as vibrant as I thought it would be. I'll try it again on it's own soon though :)

15. pigalle louboutinJune 5, 2011 at 3:53 AM

Nice blog!. Love the tips!

-----------------
    Pigalle Passions
    The biggest Pigalle spotter site in the world

16. prettyinthedesertJune 5, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Thank you! And thanks for visiting! :)

ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)