NOTW - Nailstation's Forever Dubai

Nailstation nail polish in Forever Dubai, 45 dirhams at Nailstations across the country.

Close up of the nails, taken on my phone

I was in the mall the other day and saw this gorgeous, bright, neon pink nail polish.  I had read about it before, and never paid attention because I thought it was a bit 'gimicky' but when I saw it in person I was like 'I MUST HAVE THAT'. The name is fitting because any Dubai Girlie worth her salt has, at one point, accessorized her beaded sandals with bright pink polish. This is a great shade for summer toes.

I couldn't get a good picture on my camera, for some reason it came out looking a little corally. Even the picture on my phone doesn't capture the neon-ness of this pink. It's pretty close to being a glow-in-the-dark color.

How cute! These polishes are also made in the UAE, so yay for the local economy!

The only thing I don't like about this polish is the finish. This is the fourth bottle of Nailstation polish that I've tried, and they all have the same problem. They dry with almost a chalky finish. Not something you'd expect from a polish that is the same price (or sometimes more) than Essie or OPI. The problem is easily solved by using a shiny topcoat, but it is something that I think the manufacturer should look into.

I know a lot of you have been wearing brights on your nails right now. I am slowly warming up to bright yellows and would love some suggestions!

Happy Monday, everyone!

26 comments

1. gorgeous color!! Love it! :]
    lorealdes.blogspot.com

ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shade! It really suits your skintone. A shame about the formula, but I hear that a lot of neon polishes have a matte finish. Doesn't explain your other shades though!

3. Gabrielle JosephMay 23, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Love love love! It goes perfectly with your complexion.
    Did you stop biting your nails? They look good! :)

4. prettyinthedesertMay 23, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Thanks! Yeah, it's kinda disappointing about the finish, but I always use my Essie quick dry topcoat on top anyway so that solves the problem :)

5. prettyinthedesertMay 23, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Aww! Thank you! :) Yeah, I've been pretty good and not biting them the past few weeks hehe

ReplyDelete
  6. I love this color! And YAY for supporting a local company :) they should somehow read this blog post and work on their formula.

My mother is in Syria and I asked her to pick up every color she could find because they have AMAZING nail polish! Not all of them are locally made though I think some are Spanish companies.
    I asked for bright colors as well, we'll see how that works out haha.

7. prettyinthedesertMay 23, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Yeah it's pretty cool. I think the woman who owns it is French(?) and I think that's where there main offices are, but it says 'made in UAE' right on the bottle! :)
    Ooh I can't wait to see what your mom brings you. I had no idea about the polish in Syria. I'm in such a bubble haha

8. prettyinthedesertMay 23, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Thank you! I really like it too. I wish I could capture exactly how bright it is in person!

ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty color! Looks great with your skintone!

ReplyDelete
  10. Awww I really need a neon pink too! It's super gorgeous!

11. prettyinthedesertMay 25, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Thank you! I really love it :)

12. prettyinthedesertMay 25, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Thanks! I'm totally getting into neons right now.

ReplyDelete
  13. What a well written and informative blog! Also, after reading almost all of the posts I discovered that even Emarati girls have to save and ration just like everybody else :) another misconception cleared!

Come check me out if you care, I live in Dubai too!

Iloveeclair.blogspot.com

14. prettyinthedesertMay 25, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Oh thank you so much! :) And yes, a lot of us do have to watch our spending! I'm actually not working right now so I have to save a little more than most! :)

ReplyDelete
  15. I almost bought this color the other day! I love how bright it is.

16. prettyinthedesertMay 27, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Me too! It works great against gold sandals :)

ReplyDelete
  17. reminds me of pink flamingo barry m lovely colour!

18. prettyinthedesertMay 30, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Oh! That's great news because I've been wanting Flamingo for a long time, but we don't get it over here :)

ReplyDelete
  19. amazing nail color. just what i need this summerrrr!

20. prettyinthedesertJune 3, 2011 at 11:25 PM

It's definitely become one of my favorites! :)

ReplyDelete
  21. Where in Dubai did you bought this? :)

ReplyDelete
  22. Hi :) I bought this one at Debenhams at Mall of the Emirates :)

ReplyDelete
  23. I am in australia where can I buy this ??

ReplyDelete
  24. They do have a website http://www.nailstation.com/ but it's being funny at the moment so I'm not sure if they sell online.

25.  there is a NAILSTATION store in mercato

ReplyDelete
  26. Hi where can I buy this product in Los Angeles? I can't get into the website for some reason.

ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)